Volunteer Staff Opportunities
Our Volunteer Staff program seeks individuals interested in a long-term commitment to volunteering. We offer many different volunteer opportunities. (The volunteer program is not available to satisfy court ordered community service.)
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Volunteer Staff and you are able to meet the program requirements below, please contact Volunteer Services email: RBrown3@leegov.com or 239-533-9202
- High school diploma or GED and pass a criminal background screening.
- Ability to make a long-term commitment to volunteering (at least 6 months) and a minimum of 16 hours per month during shelter hours. For those who can only volunteer on Saturdays, a minimum of two Saturdays per month is required. The kennels are open Monday through Saturday from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm.
- Be able to commit to a regular schedule as well as the 16 hour per month minimum.
- Complete orientation and ongoing training over a period of weeks.
- Comply with all required shelter policies and procedures and support shelter staff.
We value our Volunteer Staff and are excited to share ways that you can make a difference one pet at a time.
Click here for Volunteer Opportunies